Blogs > ON CAMPUS

ON CAMPUS A look at the area college sports scene

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Alyssa Zupon Elected Yale hockey captain for 2012-13

Junior forward Alyssa Zupon (Basking Ridge, N.J.) has been elected captain of the Yale women’s ice hockey team for the 2012-13 season.
Zupon was selected by a team vote last month, and will be introduced formally at the team’s post-season banquet this Saturday. In addition to her on-ice performance, Zupon has been a leader in a variety of community service initiatives during her time at Yale, including a charity for tsunami and earthquake relief in Japan that she co-founded.

“It's such an honor to be elected captain by people I deeply respect and for a program I love so much,” said Zupon. “My teammates are my best friends, and Yale hockey has impacted my life most over my three years here, so I couldn't ask for a better group or program to devote myself to. Yale hockey has given me so much over the past three years, and I'm excited to put all of myself into this opportunity to give back to the program and lead this team.”



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home