Blogs > ON CAMPUS

ON CAMPUS A look at the area college sports scene

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yale signs another basketball recruit

This comes from a source down south:

Brentwood point guard Jack Montague, who averaged 16 points and seven assists last season, has committed to Yale.
Belmont, Lipscomb and Columbia also showed interest in the 6-foot senior.
“I just got along great with the coach (James Jones) and I went up there for an elite camp,” Montague said. “I loved the campus, I loved the lifestyle. It just felt like I fit there. I just felt like it was the place for me and I couldn’t give up the opportunity to go to Yale.”
At least two Brentwood graduates are Ivy League athletes: Harvard wrestler Cameron Croy and Brown football player Jordan Evans.
“I knew them both,” Montague said. “I was actually pretty good friends with Cameron Croy. I talked to Cameron a little bit about it and he said, ‘Don’t overestimate the schoolwork. It’s not as hard as you think. It’s a great lifestyle even though people think it’s prestigious.’ ”
The two friends will be going from schoolmates in high school to archrivals in college.
“I guess we’re going to start joking about it now,” Montague said.
Yale went 15-13 last season. Montague, an honor student with a 3.8 grade point average, led Brentwood (25-9) to a Class AAA sectional last season.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home